As much as I like being quoted 😉 I also like referring to great words other people say. Even if it was said hundred years ago we can stop for a while, think and find these words still more up-to-date than ever. I guess you could have noticed that I sometimes used quotes in the beginning of my posts. Today I would like to show you my favourite quotes which are connected with my travels and my life aswell. All in all – life is a journey, right? (who said that?! :D)I hope to inspire you 🙂
1. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
That’s exactly how this blog has started 😉
2. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
I couldn’t agree more. While my journeys I met so many wonderful people. There is no fun when you can’t share it. Even if you travel alone.
3. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
Changes, challanges and new plans let us grow, develop and enjoy. The main thing is to start 🙂
4. “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination with reality, and instead of thinking of how things may be, see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
The whole world is full of so many amazing places to see, great people to meet, delicious food to eat etc. so see it by yourself at least once!
5. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
The other words – better regret things done than things never done because you never know until you try. I want to know.
6. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Unknown
Moments we are lucky to experience are the most valuable things in life. Don’t care about money, care about people!
7. “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.” – Peter Hoeg
I have never felt so great joy, love and adventure than while travelling.
8. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
That’s what I feel anytime I buy flight tickets. It’s like Italy picks me not me picking Italy 😉
9. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
Don’t be afraid, make a step, experience, live!
10. ”Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” – Matthew Karsten
It’s the best investment ever. Collect moments, not things. No house, car or expensive watch will ever give you so much satisfaction, joy and fulfillment as travelling, friendship and love.
11. ”Fashion passes, style remains.” -Coco Chanel
It’s not strictly connected with travelling but wherever you are, travel and behave with style – be polite, respect rules of places you visit. Don’t just focus on fashionable cities, hotel and restaurant. Be real 🙂
Which of these quotes is your favourite?
Would you add any?
In the end something mine. Totally predictible and simple but so important.
La Blonde Vita